Tampa FL Hotel Area Guide
Conveniently located in North Tampa, Holiday Inn & Suites Tampa North - Busch Gardens Area is the prime location for your next trip to Tampa. We are one mile from Busch Gardens, University of South Florida, Adventure Island, USF Sun Dome, MOSI, Moffitt Cancer Center, Florida Hospital and VA Hospital.
Experience unforgettable connections at the Lowry Park Zoo (5 miles away) and for cat lovers visit Big Cat Rescue (11 miles away) an animal sanctuary that is home to over 100 cats big and small.
Enjoy 165 parks and beaches right in Tampa or take a drive and experience Clearwater Beach (30 miles away). University of South Florida (1 mile away) and Universitiy of Tampa (9 miles away) are part of a vibrant college community. Tampa Bay is home to the NFL Buccaneers (Raymond James Stadium - 10 miles away) MLB Rays (Tropicana Field - 30 miles away in St. Pete) and NHL Lightening (Amalie Arena 10 miles away). Tampa Bay is also home to shopping - Downtown Malls (9 miles away) and the new Tampa Premier Outlets (14 miles away). Popular nightlife districts include Channelside, Ybor City, SoHo, International Plaza and Bay Street. So much for you to see and do!
Adventure Island Opens today, March 9, 2018
Guests are in for the slide of their lives when Adventure Island® Tampa Bay's new epic drop slide, Vanish Point®, opens today, March 9, 2018.
Inspired by the point on a wave where water and gravity form a perfect partnership, the crest of this 70-foot tower challenges you with two 425 ft. wave paths. Step into one of two skyboxes, and face your fears as the floor disappearsbeneath you. Or, get horizontal on a 455-foot long slide ending with a high speed finale.
These unique ride paths give guests options on how they want their thrills delivered, said Stewart Clark, president of Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay and Adventure Island. Whether you choose to have the floor drop from beneath your feet, or race to the bottom on a looped slide, the only way down once you get to the top is a wild ride that gets your heart pumping.
Located right across the street from Busch Gardens, Adventure Island is the ultimate combination of high-speed thrills and tropical, tranquil surroundings for guests of all ages. Within a soothing Key West atmosphere, guests enjoy slides, corkscrews, water falls, a wave pool, children's water playground and other family attractions.
Vanish Point will be located at the center of the park next to another family-favorite thrill slide, Colossal Curl™.
TAMPA — From now on, call it ZooTampa at Lowry Park, and maybe bring a towel.
Officials at the former Lowry Park Zoo announced upgrades and a planned new water attraction Thursday, along with a new logo and name for the nearly 60-year-old zoo.
This spring, ZooTampa will open Roaring Springs, a boat ride that will allow passengers to catch glimpses of the surrounding park.
"Explorers will board a boat and gently drift along a crystal-clear spring surrounded by native landscape and wildlife," zoo spokeswoman Andrea Alava said in a news release. "The journey takes a sudden turn when the elevation drops. Guests will feel a rush of adrenaline as they experience a three-story splashdown."
The journey for guests will continue along a trail showing hidden Florida, with glimpses of black bears, alligators, panthers, Key deer and other native species, Alava said.
Don't look for ZooTampa to turn into an amusement park, though. Much of the development coming in the upcoming months and years will be for the betterment of the animals, Alava said, with the zoo increasing its capacity to take in Florida wildlife.
There are also plans to improve life-support systems at the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Critical Care Center, which accepted 35 injured manatees in 2016. The zoo dedicates about $1 million a year to manatee rehabilitation.
The changes — the biggest expansion at the zoo in 10 years — are part of an ongoing effort by zoo officials to remain an integral part of the Tampa Bay community while also promoting wildlife preservation, zoo CEO Joe Couceiro said.
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
- Busch Gardens Adventure Park
- LEGOLAND Florida
- Adventure Island Water Park
- Florida Aquarium
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Big Cat Rescue
- Seminole Indian Casino
- Florida State Fairgrounds
Neighborhoods and Shopping
- Channelside - The Channel dining and nightlife
- Ybor City dining and nightlife
- Downtown Tampa shopping, dining, events
- University Mall shopping
- International Plaza shopping
- WestShore Plaza shopping
- Citrus Park Mall shopping
- Tampa Convention Center
- Hidden River Parkway corporate center
- Highwoods Preserve office campus
- Tampa Telecom Park business complex
- University Center business complex
- Pepin Distributing Co,
- Cardinal Health
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc
- Johnson Controls
- Pepsi Bottling Group
- Quest Diagnostics
- Sypris Electronics
- Syniverse Technologies Int. Headquarters
- Yuengling Brewery
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Raymond James Stadium
- Tampa Bay Lightening
- Amalie Arena
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Yankees Spring Training
- USF Bulls
- The Claw at USF
- Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club
- Lexington Oaks Golf Club
- Northdale Golf Club
- Rogers Park Golf Club
- Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club
- Saddlebrook Resort & Golf
- Babe Zaharias Golf Course
- Terrace Hill Golf Club
- Plantation Palms Golf Club
- Heritage Isles Golf & Country Club
- Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club
- Pebble Creek Golf Course
- Hunter's Green Country Club
- Tournament Player's Club (TPC) of Tampa Bay
- Tampa International Airport
- Paradise Worldwide Transportation
- Super Shuttle airport service
- Port of Tampa
Museums and Cultural Life
- Tampa Museum of Art
- Museum of Science and Industry MOSI
- The David A. Straz Jr. Ctr for the Performing Arts
- Tampa Theatre
- USF Sun Dome concert and event venue
- MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre
- SS American Victory ship
- Burger Theory
- Olive Garden
- Red Lobster
- TGI Fridays
- Village Inn
- North 30th & Sports Pub & Grille
- MANY MORE
- University of South Florida USF
- University of Tampa
- Hillsborough Community College
- Stetson University College of Law
- Strayer University
- The Art Institute of Tampa
- South University
- Remington College
- Moffit Cancer Center
- James A Haley Veterans Hospital
- Shriner's Hospital for Children
- Florida Hospital Tampa
- USF Health Center
- RSD/CRPS Treatment Center
- Vasectomy and Reversal Center
- Clearwater beaches
- Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Phillies Spring Training
- Tarpon Springs sponge docks
- St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts
- Dali Museum
- Florida Craftsmen Gallery
- Orlando Florida
- Dinosaur World theme park, Plant City, FL
- Disney World theme parks
- Universal Studios theme parks